Saturday, May 10, 2008

Canadian Computer

My phone hasn't acted Canadian yet, which I was looking forward to. Actually my phone hasn't switched to pacific time yet, either. I made a smart move and left my car clock on EST so that with a little math I know for sure what the time is. Good thing, because of my phone not doing its job and because the daylight hours here are in no way representative of the actual time (in my book).

My computer, however, has acted Canadian. When I do a google search from the little box built into my web browser, it gives me Canadian Google. There is really no difference aside from a little thing that lets you select if you only want to search Canadian sites.

Google Maps Canada. What an atrocity. Google has a great map service, so why don't they use it in Canada? The Canadian version is really watered down. Check out maps.google.ca and you'll see what I mean. My browser automatically goes there, but I can type out .com instead of .ca and use the real maps. Oh wait a minute. I just realized it's because I'm using a firefox browser. Nevermind. BUT, Canadian google is still in the dark ages for not supporting firefox. So there.

No comments: