Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Frenchy at Last!

I finally got to meet Frenchy. I had spoken to her on the phone and through email for a while, but that doesn't give you a true picture of a person. She is even better than I thought she'd be, which is a nice surprise. I instantly felt comfortable with her because she's a really warm and welcoming personality. Her real name is Karen French, but everyone calls her Frenchy. At first I was surprised because I've never heard of anybody actually being called that, but after meeting her, the name really fits.

I'll tell you a little bit about her so you have some sort of picture of her. She's the type that seems to have done everything and been everywhere. She has a PhD, so she's Dr. Frenchy to you. She is originally from upstate New York, went to school in California then she went to Alaska and has been a resident since. She's a published children's author in a few languages. She is a retired Elementary School science teacher, but still helps out at the school when they need a Special Ed teacher because she's worked with Autistic children in the past. She owns a B&B in Anchorage and vacation rental cabins on the Kenai Peninsula, which she started doing sort of on a whim and it stuck. She also travels quite a bit to lots of random destinations. She seems to have a friend for every situation, probably because of her welcoming personality.

So, we met last night and talked for a little while. It seems this thing will work out well. I'll be staying up in Anchorage for I'm not sure how long helping her get the B&B up and running and exploring a bit and then I'll be headed down to the cabins. I'm excited for the drive down there, she says it's the most beautiful drive in America. The drive I've just been on is the prettiest drive I've ever been on and would be hard to top, but I trust what she says is true considering all of the places she's been.

1 comment:

NeoKanG said...

bonjour,
does she speak french? I though first time that because she is french! you know.. Quebec anyway nice to hear you're making new friends .looking forward what will happen next episode!!

your friend neo.

au revoir!!