Thursday, May 8, 2008

Dawson Creek

I keep expecting these little Canadian towns I'm passing through to be quaint and cute because they're small, but they're really just a hoard of gas stations with a few liquor stores and fast food restaurants scattered in. Downtown is defined by the highway running through.

Dawson Creek is along the same lines, but up a step. Dawson Creek has made its name as being mile zero of the Alaska Highway, so lots of people doing the same thing I'm doing are around here. There seems to be more of a downtown than the highway which I'll check out tomorrow. I'm also going to get my oil changed because I've already driven over 3000 miles since my last change. Funny thing is that I got my oil changed the day I left. I checked my oil and I'm sure I'd be fine without the change and even without adding any, but it did look a tad dirty so why not. I was overdue for my last change so it's probably for the best to get rid of that gunk.

I'll finish the pictures uploading tomorrow, but here are a few for now:
I had to take a picture because the sign said wicked. I'm in Canada, not Boston. Is that an actual KFC product or did the person making the sign just add it in?

After seeing this sign, I didn't really want to use the rest area. I had visions of rattlesnakes biting my bum.

The widest wide load I've ever seen. It took up two entire lanes. I have no idea what it was, though.

Speaking of wide loads, ever heard of long load?

No comments: