Saturday, May 17, 2008

Oops, I forgot to save this the other night so I'm posting a few days late

We've been working our butts off this week to get the B&B going and it's finally ready. Today I was really tired but I willed myself to continue because I'm young and should be able to keep up with Frenchy. I'm not sure how old she is, but old enough to have been in Alaska for 30 years sometime after college. She ran out of steam toward the end of the day and I dropped like a fly soon after.
She headed over to a friends house for poker night and I stayed behind to do a few things. I thought I was headed to bed early until I walked outside and happened to see a bit of the sunset. I couldn't pass it up, I had to go see the whole sunset at the park on the water nearby (I think it's called Airport Park). WOW. What a great sunset. There were a lot of people there, even at 10:45pm. I took lots of pictures and had a hard time deciding which to post here, but don't worry, the others are in an album. I had to post lots of them here anyways. I'll just dedicate an album to sunsets because there will probably be a lot of pictures of them. . .







At the park I was walking around trying to get a good view where I could see the reflection off of the water, too. It isn't easy because there were others out taking pictures and the park is right on a bluff so you can't stand too close to the edge because it's unstable. They have these square posts in the ground to mark how far you can pull your car up without driving off the bluff and I ended up standing on top of one of those to get a good picture (don't worry, they're a good 6-10ft away from the bluff edge). I was hesitant to do it at first because I wasn't sure I could get up there in the first place and then balance on it afterwards. It was do or die because there were people around, so once one foot was on it I had no choice anymore. I had to be able to do it or I'd be that idiot. I did it surprisingly easily. Sometimes I surprise myself. I found a place a little bit down the bike path sans people that opened up to the view and had those same posts so I did the same thing to get a good view. It starts to get woodsy over there, though, so I was sure I'd turn around at some point and be face to face with a moose! At which point, of course, I'd jump a mile and inadvertently roll down the bluff. Or fall I guess. Bluffs don't have slopes, do they?

Tomorrow I go down to the cabins for the first time, but I'm not staying there yet because nobody books until june. That's when the fish come. We're going to a B&B meeting or a chamber of commerce meeting or something like that. Some sort of get to know your neighborhood sort of thingy. It'll be something to see who is at that sort of meeting. I have a feeling I'm going to meet a lot of overbearing personalities. It'll be nice to be able to see the cabins anyway.

No comments: