Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Midnight Sun

I've been really tired tonight because I'm in need of some sleep but I've been trying to keep myself awake for a while longer so I don't go to bed too early and wake up ridiculously early. I've been fighting off my tiredness like a champ, that is until I realized it's actually 10:30 pm here (2:30am EST), not 5pm like it looks outside. This is going to take some getting used to. I'm going to go take a picture to post. Okay, I went out and took a picture - it was taken at about 11pm:I put more pictures in an album, the link is at the top right of this page titled midnight sun.

I wonder if businesses stay open later here. I know 7 O'Clock is 7 O'Clock (or whatever time stuff closes) no matter how light it is out, but if it's light out then people will be more likely to be out and about, right? I know bars can be open until 5am here, but something like a coffee shop or a grocery store is a different deal. I wonder if the light makes it more likely for a business that would normally close at 7 to stay open late. It sure sounds like it's still bumpin' outside and it's almost midnight here.

No comments: