Thursday, May 8, 2008

Some Random Stuff

-I'm officially on pacific time as of yesterday when I crossed the Alberta/British Columbia border. I figured since I spent a few days on Central and Mountain time each that I'd be feeling better about the time switch. I'm doing alright, but I'm definitely feeling it. One more timezone to go still.

-yesterday in Edmonton I went to the largest mall in the world. Well, I went to the parking lot. I thought I'd check it out since I was so close, less than a 1/4 mile from where I was staying. I got there, found a parking space and then I had a reality check. I realized that I hate malls, so why would I want to go to a mall on steroids? I promptly left.

-Also in Edmonton, I passed by the Molson brewery but I wasn't able to go for a tour because they were closed. I wasn't about to stick around another day for that. Plus, they make crappy beer.

-I got an AWESOME hat at a tiny little trading post off the highway. It came with matching gloves, too. I believe I was somewhere southeast of Valleyview, Alberta. This was a good view, but I took a bad picture:I'm driving near the mountains again so the road is throwing in some mean hills every once in a while. I'm on the plains boundary and will be for a while before I actually hit the rockies. I'm going to have an easy driving day today, only 5 hours or so because I want to spend a little time here in Dawson Creek and I want to camp at my destination, which you can't arrive too late for.

I'm off to breakfast.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's fun reading your stuff! Hope your having a great time. It looks and sounds it. Stay safe!!
I love you, Dad

NeoKanG said...

Bonjour,
hello it's me again!! I see you play some music on lastfm you fine so! , it seems there is problem with pictures I can see just one (the last one on the road).more pics pleaze :p!. it see m you are having nice trip.Hope you 'll reach alaska safe !
ok waiting for more news!! .
your friend neo!!
gros bisou

Anonymous said...

yes i figured out how to comment! i wish i was there... wait till august!!! can't wait to get my east coast, suv driven, gas guzling, beer drinking ass up there... be safe champ!

linds

ps any moose yet? i want to see one!

Unknown said...

Wish I was there too !!!!!