Monday, May 26, 2008

Dogs and Bikes

I think this is the best place in the world to have a dog. There's so much room for them and the people tend to be more outdoorsy and bring their pets with them on their adventures. I've seen so many bouncy labs recently that it makes me want one. They're so energetic and fun - a guy just rode by me on a bike with a black lab running circles around him. They have infectious enthusiasm.

Speaking of men on bikes. There are a lot of serious bikers around here, which I expected. I also keep seeing grown men toodling around on bikes. A grown man on a bike isn't weird, but for these ones it just doesn't look right. They look like they could be construction workers because of their clothes - they look like work clothes, they don't look like lets-go-biking-to-enjoy-the-weather clothes. The reason I assume they aren't headed to work or something is because they don't seem destination oriented, they're just lazily cruising around. Who knew a couple of guys in carharts on bikes could be so funny? I think you just have to see it.

I wanted to bring a bike up here or get a cheap one off of craigslist so I could crusie around. I'm glad to say that there is already a bike at the cabins I can use. Now that I've seen the cabin location, I'm thinking those biking trips will be extra interesting because of the dirt roads. I'll have to figure out what roads are good to ride around there.

No comments: