Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Spaniards, and more guests to come

A family came in tonight and they're already great. They live in Maryland, but are originally from Spain. It's a couple with their son and daughter. The kids are incredibly friendly and outgoing. Normally school-aged kids are a little shy around new people, but not these ones. They introduced themselves and shook my hand and when I was headed out the little girl ran out to the front porch and yelled to me, "If you see a moose say hi for me!" The mother asked if she could "borrow me the clothes dryer," which I liked.

They had just come straight from a glacier cruise which they raved about. The mother was telling me I HAVE to go. I told her I have tickets for one, but I just haven't gone yet. She repeated a few more times that I NEED TO GO on the glacier cruise. I'm sure they're amazing, so I'm looking forward to it even more, now.

Don't know much more about them at this point, but I just love the people I get to meet here. It's just so cool that all of these new interesting people all come to me. We're starting to get busy now, so I'll be meeting lots more. We just got a confirmation from a group that's coming up at the end of July. It's a group of 6 that's headed up in two small planes from San Francisco. The email he sent to confirm was hysterical. He laid out a sort of cast of characters for us. This is part of it:
In the Bonanza V35:
Richard (me)

Geoff (is coming all the way from England
for this)

Pat (has a computer & camera for every day
in the week, but promises to bring just
one of each)

In the Cessna T210:

Vince (dad, happy for the father/son bonding,
just wishes they'd pay)

Wes (son, very appreciative dad's footing
the bill)

Ted (son, very appreciative dad's footing
the bill)
I replied to his email and told him how much I liked it, but that I'm disappointed we didn't get a witty description of him, too. Cruise director, I suppose.

No comments: